Friday, February 15, 2008

Some simple wisdoms - II

My previous post, now that I read it back after a while, looked like it bordered on the edge of goodie-two-shoe-ism.
But it held some solid truth.
However, now I'm in another phase again, and the same energy comes from enjoying the good stuff - a couple of bottles of booze, a box of cigars, seeing your cat tear a big dog a new hole, beating the living crap out of said dog's owner and not getting arrested for it... some more booze and cigars.... tearing down a wall in your home that's been bugging you for months and discovering money (old money, no longer a valid currency, but still great for a monetary nostalgist like myself!), cranking up Seether, SOAD, and more kick-ass bands on a kick-ass laptop while tearing down another wall... at 23:38... yelling "FUCK YOU NEIGHBOR" with each chunk of stone and concrete that comes down... and drinking some more.
And having another cigar in my mouth...
And just maybe I'll go and hook myself up with some weed tonight - haven't smoked any in well over a year now.
Much of my old life - bars, friends, activities - are no longer around, so I'm entitled to some replacements, such as boozing and smoking.
And somewhere around 04:00 I'll pop on IRC to chat with folks I actually care about.
Shit don't get much better than that...

No comments: