Saturday, June 23, 2007

Some simple wisdoms...

Sometimes, great satisfaction comes from little things.
Just cleaning up around the house will take energy, but at the same time it can provide a lot of energy, in a different way.
Energy which ends up inspiring and driving someone to undertake greater things.
This is a general wisdom, widely known, but in modern days it often becomes a forgotten wisdom.
And no, I'm not going through a "goodie-two-shoes softy"-kind of phase, I still tear ass, I still like women and a beer every now and then... well, I'd like a beer right now, and then another one.... but I've been cutting down on alcohol and other things.
Because I needed to get back into shape, for myself.
And still need to.
I just didn't recognize myself anymore, in a way.
And at moments like that, we can use that boost of energy that we get from the little things.
Cleaning house, working out, reading a good book and taking time for yourself....
It all makes a difference in how you take on whatever life throws at you in a day.
I'd almost say that those things are therapeutic, but then I'd have to punch myself in the groin and recite some stupid girly-poem... long story, but let's just leave it at that I don't intend to ever do that.

No comments: